Working Women Hostel Scheme & Hostel List: Plan for Working Women’s Hostel: A plan to encourage lodging for working women in urban, semi-urban, or even rural regions where there are employment prospects for women, along with nursery services for their children. to view housing programs and a list of hostels for women in urban, semi-urban, and even rural parts of Gujarat and India.
Women who are working and women who are in job training may both be included. Women from socially disadvantaged groups may receive special consideration. Additionally, there is a clause that reserves seats for people who are physically handicapped.
Working Women Hostel Scheme & Hostel List: Hostel for Working Women’s Fare
- 15% of gross earnings is the maximum for a single room.
- 10% of gross salary is the maximum for a double room.
- Maximum 7.5% of gross salary for dorms
- A maximum of 5% of the mother’s gross wage, or the real cost, whichever is less, may be used to use child care services.
The usage of appliances and other utilities, such as washing machines, are not included in the rent and must be paid separately by the user.
Working Women Hostel Scheme & Hostel List: Hostel Programme for Working Women
for young female trainees
- The fare for women who are in employment-related training shouldn’t be higher than the fare charged to women who are employed.
- Such trainees’ travel expenses may be paid by the woman or by the institution/organization that is funding the course.
Tenure of Stay for Working Women Hostel
No working woman is allowed to stay in an aided hostel under this scheme for more than 3 years. In exceptional circumstances, the District Administration may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, allow working women to stay in hostels beyond a period of 3 years, subject to the condition that the period of extension shall not exceed 6 months at a time. , and the total stay of that woman, including extensions, should not exceed 5 years.
Benefits of the Working Women Hostel Scheme
- Safe and secure hostel facilities for working women or women undergoing job training
- Girls up to 18 years and boys up to 5 years, working mothers will be accommodated with their mother.
- Working mothers can also avail the services of daycare centers
Eligibility for Working Women Hostel
The following categories are covered under this scheme for working women and their children:
- Working women may be single, widowed, divorced, separated, or married but whose husband or immediate family does not live in the same city/area. Special preference may be given to women from underprivileged sections of the society. There should also be a provision for reserving seats for physically challenged beneficiaries.
- The total period of training for women under training for employment should not exceed one year. This is only on the condition that vacancies are available after accommodating working women. The number of women under training for the job should not exceed 30% of the total capacity.
- Girls up to 18 years and boys up to 5 years, working mothers will be accommodated with their mother. Working mothers can also avail of the services of daycare centers provided under the scheme.
Income Limit, Rent, and Duration of Stay for Working Women Hostel
Working women are entitled to hostel facilities if their gross income is Rs. Not more than Per month in metropolitan cities Rs. 50,000/- consolidated (gross) or anywhere else, per month Rs. 35,000/- Consolidated (Gross). When the income of any working woman already staying in the hostel exceeds the prescribed limit, she has to vacate the hostel within six months of crossing the income limit.
Exclusion from Scheme for Working Women Hostel
When the income of any working woman already staying in the hostel exceeds the prescribed limit, she has to vacate the hostel within 6 months of crossing the income limit.
Application Procedure for Scheme for Working Women Hostel
- Women can check the list of hostels for working women through the given link-
- Then they can physically visit the respective hostel of choice.
- Once, she fulfills all the criteria of the scheme, she needs to fill the form with employee details, family details, income details,
- employment details etc.
- Once the form is filled, the necessary documents need to be attached to the form and submitted to the hostel committee.
Documents required for Working Women Hostel
- aadhar card,
- Address Proof – Passport/Passport Verification, Driving License, Water ID Card, Water Bill/ Connection, Electricity Bill, Telephone
- Bill, Vehicle Registration, Land Valuation/Holding/Record Certificate, Post Office/Bank Passbook, Photo Identity Card with address (only of Central Govt/PSU or State Govt/PSU)
- Income certificate