Sukanya Smruddhi Yojna Calculator: The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana offers an interest rate of 8.5% per annum. The tenure for maturity for the amount is 21 years. The final amount is hence calculated based on your net contribution plus interest earned.
Sukanya Smruddhi Yojna Calculator
Sukanya Smruddhi Yojna Calculator is a savings scheme launched back in 2015 as part of the Government initiative Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign. This scheme enables guardians to open a savings account for their girl child with an authorized commercial bank or India Post branch.
As of 1st July 2019, SSY accounts offer an 8.4% rate of interest. A Sukanya Smruddhi Yojna Calculator can help you determine the returns you receive as per the invested amount and tenure.
Page Content :
1. How can use Sukanya Smruddhi Yojna Calculator?
2. How dose SSY Calculator Work?
3. Details of SSY Calculator.
4. Monthly and Yearly contribution Calculation.
A scheme that was launched for girls as a part of the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign is the Sukanya Smruddhi Yojna Calculator scheme.
- Contributions as low as Rs.250 can be made
- High-interest rates of up to 8.50% p.a.
- Tax benefits of up to Rs.1.5 lakh
- Contributions made are minimal on risk
Who Are The Individuals That Can Use The Sukanya Smruddhi Yojna Calculator?
Individuals who are planning to invest in the SSY scheme can check the amount they will receive at the time of maturity by using the SSY calculator.
In order for individuals to use the SSY calculator, they must meet the eligibility criteria of the scheme. As per the scheme, the below-mentioned individuals can open an SSY account:
The girl must be a resident of India.
The age of the girl should not exceed 10 years.
In a single family, the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account cannot be opened for more than two girls.
For more information, Check out related articles Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Age Limit, Sukanya Samriddhi Account Balance & Sukanya Samriddhi Account Passbook.
Method To Use Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Once the individual has met the eligibility of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, the age of the girl child and the amount of investment that must be made should be provided in the calculator. The minimum and maximum amounts that can be invested towards the scheme are Rs.250 and Rs.1.5 lakh, respectively. Earlier, the minimum contribution was Rs.1,000. However, the Indian Government reduced the minimum contribution to Rs.250 in July 2018.
How Does SSY Calculator Work?
Based on the details entered by the individual, the SSY calculator determines the amount of money the individual will receive on maturity. The maturity period of the scheme is 21 years.
It is mandatory for individuals to make at least one contribution in a year until the completion of 14 years. The calculator will assume that the same amount of deposit is made on a yearly basis. No deposits are required to be made between year 15 and year 21. However, individuals will earn interest on the previous contributions during this period. The calculator also considers the interest that is generated when providing the final amount.
What Details Are Shown By SSY Calculator?
Depending on the details that are provided by the individual, the calculator shows the year the scheme matures, the interest rate that was used, and the maturity value.
An example of the details shown by the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator is shown below:
- Yearly deposit: Rs.1,00,000
- Rate of Interest: 8.50%
Calculation Of Maturity Value Under SSY After 21 Years
As it is difficult to make an accurate calculation of maturity value in this scheme as it depends on many variables. However, by keeping the variable constant with the monthly and the yearly contribution as the only variable, the maturity value can be calculated in the form of a table.
- For the following calculation, some assumptions have been made, they are:
- The rate of Interest is assumed to be 8.1% throughout the period of the scheme for 21 years.
- Monthly contributions have to be made on the 1st day of every month.
- Yearly contributions have to be made on the 1st of April every year.
- A fixed amount for monthly or yearly contributions has been consumed.
- It has also been assumed that throughout these 21 years, there have been no withdrawals made.
Yearly Contribution Table:
Sukanya Smruddhi Yojna Calculator
- Monthly Contribution Table
- Advantages Of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator – SSY Calculator Online
How Can An SSY Calculator Help You?
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a long-term investment scheme that can generate high ROI. You have to make a minimum contribution each year to keep the account active.
Hence, using a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator online is beneficial to have an overall assessment of your investments and returns.
Formula Used For Calculating SSY Calculator
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana offers an interest rate of 8.5% per annum. As a long-term investment, it also allows the benefit of compounding. The formula as such is –
- A Compound interest
- P Principal amount
- r Rate of interest
- n Number of times interest compounds in a year
- t Number of years
There are numerous advantages to the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator and they are:
- It allows you to know exactly what you will get as the maturity value when the account matures.
- If you have set it up in an Excel sheet then you can put in what you intend to invest in the current and see how it will affect the maturity value.
- You can even set up a calculator to calculate the maturity value based on monthly or yearly investments.
- If configured correctly, the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator can be extremely accurate.
- It can eliminate the mistakes that can creep in if you calculate the maturity value manually.
- You can change the amount you plan on investing at any time and still get the maturity value in seconds.
Limitations Of SSY Calculator
Even though the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator is very convenient and useful, there are some things that work against this calculator.
If it is not configured correctly it can provide incorrect values.
Even though the government has provided a cap of Rs. 1.5 lakh the calculators don’t limit the annual investments so if you enter an investment of more than Rs. 1.5 lakh, it will still calculate a maturity value.
Since the calculator is configured manually, you will have to enter the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana interest rate every time it changes in the future.
Sukanya Samrudhdhi Yojana Pdf In Gujarati, All Details In Gujarati
FAQs On Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
What Is The Account Limit Under The Sukanya Samriddhi Account Yojana?
A maximum of one SSY account can be opened in the name of a girl child and a guardian can open up to two accounts. In case, the guardian has triplet daughters from first birth or twin daughters from second birth, a maximum of 3 accounts can be opened by the parent, where one account is opened in the name of a single girl child.
I already have a PPF account, should I also invest in the SSY?
Having a PPF is a good idea from an investment perspective. Although SSY is similar in nature to PPF in terms of investment, however, some of the reasons that make SSY a better option are:
When you exhaust your limit in PPF, you can opt for SSY to save more for your girl child.
PPF is mostly used for savings for yourself, while SSY is exclusively designed for your daughters.
By investing in both PPF and SSY, you can save up to Rs.3,00,000 p.a. for your daughter.
SSY offers a higher interest rate than PPF.
What is the minimum and maximum deposit required to be made under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme?
A minimum of Rs.250 and a maximum of Rs.1,50,000 should be deposited every year for 15 years from the date of opening of the SSY account
What Is The Maturity Or Termination Period Of The SSY?
The SSY account terminates or matures after 21 years from the date of opening of the account. Once the account reaches its maturity, it stops earning interest.
When Can We Withdraw From The SSY Account And What Is The Maximum That Can Be Withdrawn?
When the girl child for whom the SSY account has been opened either passes the 10th standard or turns 18, you can withdraw from the account. A maximum of 50% of the deposit made towards the account can be withdrawn to be used for the higher education of the girl child.
Click here to Calculate
Are There Any Risks Of Investing In SSY?
- Since SSY was launched by the Indian Government, there are no risks.
- Are there any tax benefits in case an individual invests in an SSY account?
- Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961, tax benefits of up to Rs.1.5 lakh are exempted.
- What Is The Rate Of Interest That Is Earned In An SSY Account?
- Currently, the rate of interest is 8.5% for the financial year 2018-2019.
- Can the same girl child have more than one SSY account?
- No, a girl child can have only one SSY account under her name.
- Can An Individual Avail A Loan On SSY Account?
- No, loan facilities are not provided under SSY.
- Is there any minimum and maximum amount that can be deposited in an SSY account?
- The minimum amount is Rs.1,000 and the maximum amount is Rs.1.5 lakh