Driving License Gujarat Apply Online Process and Details @sarathi.parivahan.gov.in, It is mandatory for every driver to have a driving license while driving. Driving without a driving license is a Breach of Rules. Today in this article we have brought all the information on how to apply for a driving license online from home in Gujarat.
Driving License Gujarat Apply Online
New Driving License
- An applicant is required to obtain a learning license in order to get a new driving license.
- An applicant is required to apply in Form No.2/4 for the purpose of both learning as well as a driving license, Medical Certificate in Form No.1 (A) is also required to be attached. In case a person wants to obtain a driving license for transport goods vehicle, & to get an online appointment, or for further details, please visit:https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- A person should have completed 16 years to obtain a license for 2-wheelers without gear.
- A person should have completed 18 years of age to obtain a license for 2-wheelers with gear, Motor-car, Tractor, and other non-transport vehicles.
- For transport vehicles, a person should have completed 20 years of age. In addition, he should be passed the standard 8th pass and should have experience of 1 year driving a light motor vehicle.
- Proof of Age: School Leaving Certificate, Birth Certificate, Passport, Pan Card, L.I.C. Policy, or a Certificate from a Civil Surgeon or a Doctor equivalent that can be submitted as proof of age.
- Proof of Address: School Leaving Certificate, Passport, L.I.C. Policy, Electoral Voter I-Card, Light Bill, Telephone Bill, receipt of House Tax with address, Pay Slip of Central/State/Local self Government or an Affidavit from the applicant to that effect can be submitted as the proof for address.
- Issue of learner’s license in Form 3 for each class of vehicle: ₹150
- Learner’s license test fee or repeat test fee, as the case may be: ₹50
- Issue of a driving license: ₹200
- Renewal of driving license: ₹200
How to Apply Online
- Go to Sarthi Parivahan Official Portal: https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in
- Now on the home page, you need to select the “Driving Licence Related Services” tab
- On clicking a new tab will open in which you need to select “Gujarat‘ state.
- The Sarthi Parivahan dashboard will appear to you u can choose your desirable Service like Apply for Learner Licence, Apply for Driving Licence, Apply for DL Renewal, etc service.
To obtain Learning License, Knowledge Test through a computer is required to be passed.
- Subjects like Rules and Regulations of traffic, and traffic signage are included in the test.
- 15 questions are asked in the test at random, out of which 11 questions are required to be answered correctly to pass the test.
- 48 seconds are allowed to answer each question.
- A person failing the test can appear for the re-test after a gap of 24 hours.
- A person who has a learning license or driving license and seeks to apply for an additional category of driving license in the existing driving license is exempted from the knowledge test on a computer.
A driving test is compulsory to obtain the permanent driving license
- One can appear for a driving test after a gap of 30 days of obtaining a learning license.
- A driving test is conducted on the same kind of vehicle for which the application is made for obtaining a driving license has been made.
- Learning license is valid for a period of 6 months only, therefore, an applicant is required to appear for a driving test within the validity period.